I am Axel Kuckuk, alias Cuculum. Below I will try to answer some frequently asked questions.
Where have you learned to draw?
I’m mostly selftaught. However, I additionally had the opportunity to gain experience at the Zeichen Institut in Tübingen under Frido Hohberger.
Where do your ideas come from?
From public transport. Of course, this is vastly simplified, but many ideas are based on the observation of people in their natural environment.
What is the usual process of a drawing?
Currently I mostly work in ink and colorize the drawings afterwards digitally. Yet that might be subject to change.
- Born in 1995
- Start of the collaboration with Kathrina s. East 2013
As a collective under the name CatoD since 2015
- study of computer science since 2014
- Master`s degree in computer sience 2020
- 2021 “Spiegelbilder” Kulturhalle Tübingen, solo exhibition
- 2020 “REM-Notizen” Rathaus Burladingen, solo exhibition
- 2019 “Dreiklang” Jamclub, Tübingen
More projects can be found in the archive of CatoD.